USB to RS-422 x 2 Convertor
The US-422 Serial/USB converter is an electronic emulator that provides two serial ports to any host device with
USB capabilities. It is designed to allow the continued use of legacy RS-232/RS-485 devices on computers that
do not have onboard serial ports (which is most every computer made in the last ten years).
The two serial ports, in the form of male DB09 connectors, are independently assignable as RS-422 or RS-485 ports
with up to 115.2 Kbps throughput for each port. Through the USB emulation, no IRQ, DMA, or I/O address resources
are required of the host computer.
Provided the necessary host configurations are installed, the USB to Serial adapter is even compatible with cell
phones, PDAs, modems, and other portable/interface devices from ages past.
- Fully compliant with USB 1.1 and USB 2.0
- Supports RS-232 and RS-485 serial interfaces
- Independent port configuration
- Automatic handshake mode
- Hot-swappable hosts, plug-and-play accessible
- Bus-powered over USB or externally powered
- 1x USB Type-B Female (to host)
- 2x DB09 9-pin D-Sub (to devices)
- LEDS: port status, power
- Data transfer rate: 115.2 Kpbs (max)
- FIFO: 16 byte hardware FIFO